GearJunkie, part of the AllGear media network, is hiring!
We’re growing rapidly and looking to add key team members for fully remote, or hybrid-office work at our Minneapolis, Denver, or LA headquarters. We pride ourselves on being the most fast-paced, authentic, and dedicated outdoor publication in existence, and we want you to be along for the ride.
Snowsports Affiliate Freelancer, theinertia.com
Snowsports Affiliate Freelancer, TheInertia (Oct. 10, 2023)
AllGear Digital is seeking experienced, passionate freelance writers to contribute to Snowsports gear reviews and buyer’s guides for TheInertia.com. The Inertia is the definitive voice of surf, snow, and outdoors. With decades of collective experience in both outdoor activities and product journalism, our writers tell stories of adventure and the gear that made it possible.
Ideal candidates will be talented writers with strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex technical information in a way that’s easy to process for the reader. Possessing a wide knowledge of different facets of the Snowsports industry is a must, as you’ll be helping us recommend the best tools, apparel, and gear to our readers across the globe. The position is remote, so reliable internet access, the ability to self-regulate, and on-time delivery are required. Writers of all genders and sizes are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Possess a passion for and first-hand experience with Snowsports and the active, outdoor lifestyle
- Carry out industry-leading independent reviews of Snowsports gear from start to finish
- Research and test gear to identify the best Snowsports gear on the market today
- Write long-form gear roundups and participate in the editorial process to ready them for publication
- Provide high-quality photos of the gear you test in action, or work with photographers to do so
- Work amongst a team to bounce ideas, answer questions, provide detailed editing feedback, tell jokes, and more
- Proficient with WordPress, Slack, Monday, and other project management tools (preferred)
- Familiarity with SEO tools and best practices (preferred)
Compensation will be on a per-project basis, with the opportunity for additional assignments based on your areas of expertise and the quality of your work.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and any relevant writing samples to email@example.com. We will respond to high-quality candidates as quickly as possible. The application window for this position will close on Oct. 31, 2023.
About AllGear Digital:
At AllGear Digital, we strive to inform, educate, and entertain readers about the passions, products, and people that enrich their lives, with the goal of becoming the leading publisher of gear reviews and content for active lifestyle and the outdoors. We own and operate a diverse set of digital media brands, including GearJunkie, Switchback Travel, iRunFar, Bikerumor, The Inertia, ExplorersWeb, and other top names in their respective niches. We reach over 60 million readers annually. AllGear Digital is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all, both for the company and in their content.