Specialized posted a $25,000 reward for the arrest of those responsible and the return of the one-of-a-kind bikes.
Police in Morgan Hill, Calif., are searching for a white box van they believe was involved in the robbery of several irreplaceable bicycles from Specialized headquarters. According to police, burglars made off with “a large collection of one of a kind prototypes, race-winning, and personally owned bikes Specialized had on display in their building.”
Specialized estimates the collection, which includes bikes ridden in the Tour de France, Olympics, and Paris-Roubaix, is worth about $160,000. The bikes are so valuable, Specialized immediately issued a $25,000 bounty for the arrest of the thieves and recovery of the museum-worthy bicycles.
Police said surveillance footage showed two vehicles on the premises at the time of the robbery: a maroon Toyota 4Runner, which officers later found abandoned about 50 miles away, and the yet-to-be-located white box van.
Specialized Burglary: Priceless Bicycles Stolen
A representative for Specialized told Bicycling the burglars made off with 16 high-value and one-of-a-kind bikes.
- S-Works Roubaix, Size 56, Gold/Black (ridden by Peter Sagan during his Paris-Roubaix win)
- S-Works Fatboy, Size Large (ridden by Ned Overend during his national championship win)
- “Scrambled Egger,” Size Large, White/Blue/Red (prototype full-suspension road bike)
- S-Works Venge, Size Large, Grey/Black (custom painted for Peter Sagan for the 2019 Tour de France)
- S-Works Tarmac, Size 54, Yellow (ridden by Fabian Cancellara at the 2010 Tour de France)
- S-Works Epic, Size Large, Black (ridden by Olympic bronze medalist and world champion cross-country mountain biker Christoph Sauser)
- S-Works Epic, Size Large, Orange (ridden by Jaroslav Kulhavý at the 2012 Olympics)
- S-Works Shiv, Size 56, Orange (ridden by Tony Martin at the 2012 Olympics)
- S-Works Tarmac, Size 54, Yellow/ Orange (ridden by 2016 Olympic triathlon champion Gwen Jorgensen)
- S-Works Stumpjumper, Size Medium, Blue
- NS Snabb 130 Plus 2, Blue
- Stumpjumper Pro, Size S2, Blue
- Stumpjumper Expert, Size S4, Black
- Stumpjumper EVO, Custom Rainbow OZ Trails
- S-Works Stumpjumper, Size Large, Carbon, Blue
- S-Works Crux, Size 56, Green
Anyone with information regarding this investigation can contact Corporal Mindy Zen at (669) 253-4917 or the anonymous tip line (408) 947-STOP (7867).