A recap of popular stories this past week, Dec. 23-29, 2018.
1) Alex Honnold Picks Up a Cutting-Edge Collab From the Future: Rivian
It’s fitting that Alex Honnold has teamed up with Rivian Automotive. Rivian touts its automobiles as “the world’s first electric adventure vehicles.” And Honnold is, of course, one of the foremost adventurers of our time.
2) Trailhead Crime: My Car Got Robbed While I Was Hiking
Read the firsthand account of one GearJunkie editor’s experience with a break-in. In a town where break-ins aren’t common, this tale is startling.
3) Colin O’Brady Completes Historic Solo Trek Across Antarctica
We covered O’Brady’s start to his odyssey, and to much doubt, he finished what he set out to do. American adventurer Colin O’Brady, 33, just completed a record-setting 921-mile unsupported solo journey across Antarctica.
4) Watch GoPro Year in Review: The Best of 2018
In need of some stoke? This highlight reel from 2018 is high octane and high thrill.
5) Confirmed: New Land Rover Defender Coming to North America
Land Rover officially announced that the U.S. and Canada will get the next-generation Defender. We’ll get our first glimpse of this iconic 4×4 in 2019 before it hits dealer lots in 2020.