A recap of popular stories this past week, Feb. 24-March 2, 2019.
1) Honnold Wears The North Face Tuxedo to Oscars
The North Face makes its first tuxedo for none other than Alex Honnold, star of “Free Solo” for the Oscar. More readers seemed to be interested in the tuxedo than the award.
2) REI Launches Bontrager & Cannondale Nationwide, Doubles Down on Cycling in 2019
Expect to see brands Bontrager and Cannondale in REI this year. The announcement is part of REI’s “major investment” in cycling in 2019.
3) Leentu’s 300-Pound Customizable Pop-Up Camper Fits Trucks Big & Small
Leentu’s newly announced Sunzal Utility Pop-up camper will transform your truck into a road-trip machine.
4) 2nd Amendment Supporters Outraged After Benchmade Helps Police Destroy Guns
A recent spat involving Benchmade Knife Company, the Oregon City Police Department, and incensed Second Amendment advocates put the American-made knife manufacturer in the political crosshairs.
5) ‘Quit Your Job’: Eagle Creek Will Send You on Outdoor Sabbatical
How does a 3-week vacation sound, all expenses paid? As part of its new campaign, Eagle Creek wants to change the increasingly common phenomenon of forgoing vacation days.