The best new outdoor gear coming to market this year was onstage all this week at the Outdoor Retailer trade show in Salt Lake City.
Our “Best in Show” awards point to the most unique items from the hundreds unveiled at the event. (See part II of our “Best In Show” here.)
Congrats to all the winners! This gear represents the state of the art in outdoors equipment and gear design. —Stephen Regenold
- Crazy Light Dynafit Ski Boot (RC1)
- Salt For Pure Water (Potable Aqua PURE)
- Black Diamond Halo 28 Jetforce
- ‘Down On Steroids’ (Columbia Sportswear TurboDown)
- The North Face ‘Origami’ Jacket (Fuse Uno)
- ‘Super’ Synthetic Jacket (Mountain Hardwear Super Compressor)
- PrimaLoft Performance Down Blends
- Mode Switch Ski Boot (F1 Evo from Scarpa)
- La Sportiva Vapor Nano Ski
- Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Gloves
—Editors and reporters Stephen Regenold, Sean McCoy, Jason Magness, Chelsey Magness, Sam Salwei, Yoon Kim, Patrick Murphy, and Amy Oberbroeckling contributed to this report.