A recap of top stories for the week of June 11 – 17, 2017.
1) First Look: Powerful Pedaling With Defiant ‘Fat Electric’ Bike
Fat tires and a powerful electric-assist motor make this bike one of a kind.
2) Camping On Campus: MN University Opens Campground
At the University of Minnesota Duluth, six campsites are available for overnight stays and bonfires under the stars.
3) Violent Whitewater Hospitalizes ‘Roll-Cage’ Raft Inventor
Darren Vancil, inventor of the bizarre-looking Creature Craft, landed in the emergency room with serious injuries after capsizing in a violent set of rapids.
4) Better Bike Touring: 5 Tips From The Saddle
As with any good adventure, there were some oversights on my latest, five-month bike tour. Here are a few things to remember that I didn’t realize until I was in the saddle.
5) Cooler Feet, Better Sleep: Kelty Sine Sleeping Bag Review
Zippered vents are the name of the game in the Kelty Sine, a 35 degree down sleeping bag, great for those with sweaty toes.
6) Camp Like An Aussie: Canvas ‘Swag’ Tent Review
Recently landing into the US camping market, Australia’s popular Swag bivvy takes a different approach to traditional tent setups. We tested the Outback Swags sleep system on hot Tennessee days and chilly nights.
7) Emerging Gear: Outdoor Products This Week
Our weekly peek at emerging products examines the sometimes cutting-edge, sometimes quirky world of gear design.
8) Runner Drowns Rabid Raccoon To Save Her Thumb
‘I’ve never killed an animal with my bare hands,’ she said. ‘I’m a vegetarian.’
9) 5 Best Women’s Active Swimsuits for Summer 2017
Women’s swimwear that looks good and stays put, tested hard surfing, SUPing, hiking and more. Check out this list of the best active swimwear and get ready for a summer of adventure!
10) ‘Greatest Poncho Ever’ Is A Puffy And Can Koozie
Wear it, lie on it, or tuck it under your head, this multi-function puffy aims to keep you, and your beverage, dry.
11) OR Video Is Female Stoke In The Wildest Of Playgrounds
A fast-paced video from Outdoor Research puts women front and center with a powerful shot of stoke. Crank the volume to 11.
12) Go Backpack With Dad
A man learns a gift of time in the outdoors is the most valuable he can give.