With its intro of the woom NOW commuter/cargo hybrid bike for kids, the Austria-based brand — much like its little riders — is growing fast.
Woom launched the first-of-its-kind urban-meets-cargo children’s bike at the 2022 Sea Otter Classic last week. The brand calls its newest model “the cycle truck” and claims it’s fully loaded and highly versatile — and that it can perform everything from short urban runs to weekend-long bikepacking excursions.
Those might sound like pretty big claims for such a small bike — here’s how the acclaimed kid’s bike specialist backs it all up.
woom NOW Urban Cargo Bike for Kids
Woom tells us that the NOW gets its super-safe and kid-aligned architecture from previous woom models. An integrated front rack and smaller front wheel are unique to the NOW. Both improvements should give the bike a higher carrying capacity than its predecessors without sacrificing its low and stable center of gravity.
Relaxed, cruiser-style geometry and upright seating add to its little riders’ comfort and safety.
woom NOW Key Features
- A foldable front rack with a removable inlay
- Frame space optimized for additional bags or accessories
- An integrated frame bag with magnetic closure
- Dual accessory mounts on the front rack
- A center-mounted kickstand for stable bike parking and cargo loading
- Flat mount hydraulic disc brakes
- Integrated lighting powered by the motion-powered dynamo hub
- Twist-grip bell and grip-shifters
- Durable fenders for riding in all weather conditions
- Cobblestone-ready extra-wide tires
- A Microshift eight-speed gear system with a narrow-wide chainring
woom Bike Sizing
- woom NOW 4 (MSRP $750)
- Bike measurements: 20-in./16-in. wheels
- Age range: 6-8 yrs. old
- Recommended child height: 45-51″ tall
- woom NOW 5 (MSRP $800)
- Bike measurements: 24-in./20-in. wheels
- Age range: 7-11 yrs. old
- Recommended child height: 49-57″ tall
- woom NOW 6 (MSRP $850)
- Bike measurements: 26-in./20-in. wheels
- Age range: 10-14 yrs. old
- Recommended child height: 55-65″ tall
If you’re still not sold on the new design, consider the third-party recognition it’s received. Though brand-new to the market, the woom NOW already has three prestigious awards for the year, including the Red Dot Design Award, Taipei Bicycle Award, and the Design & Innovation Award.
All models are available to order now. Learn more and place an order at us.woombikes.com.