To commemorate the 100th anniversary of Oregon State Parks, Danner introduces an exclusive collection of boots and apparel — with a portion of sales benefiting the parks.
Oregon has 111 state parks, over 250 park “areas,” and 52 campgrounds that the State Park Service maintains. From Bridal Veil Falls State Park to South Beach to Lava River Caves, to Floras Lake, Yaquina Bay State Parks, and beyond, Oregon’s state parks encompass some of the Beaver State’s most spectacular areas.
In honor of Oregon State Parks’ (OSP) 100th anniversary this year, Danner has released a special product line. A portion of the new line’s sales will be donated to support Oregon State Parks‘ Explorer Series Program.
“In 2022, Oregon State Parks celebrates its centennial milestone,” said Oregon State Parks. “[It’s] continuing to protect and preserve natural, scenic, cultural, historic, and recreational sites.”
The Oregon State Parks Explorer Series
The Oregon State Parks Explorer Series is all about removing barriers to entry from the outdoors. It offers opportunities to organize camping groups to stay in either yurts or cabins overnight, for free. The program is aimed at the inclusion of underrepresented communities in the outdoors.
Annually, the Explorer Series closes eight of the 111 parks to the public and brings participants out to explore in nature. It’s an entry point for people new to camping, and also for those who lack the gear.
Any organizations interested in hosting an Explorer Series event should see the Parks’ website to find out more.
Danner’s Oregon State Park Mountain Light and Jag Boots
This year, Danner released two new limited-edition boots that will benefit the Parks’ Explorer Series. It’s introducing the Mountain Light and the Jag Boots, both of which are inspired by and designed to explore Oregon State Parks.
For every Jag boot purchased, Danner will donate $50 to the Explorer Series. For each purchase of the Mountain Light, Danner will donate $100.
Mountain Light and Jag Danner Boot Specs
- Mountain Light Oregon State Parks Centennial ($440)
- Sizing: Men’s sizes 7-13 and women’s sizes 5.5-10 (including half sizes)
- Jag Oregon State Parks Centennial ($190)
- Sizing: Men’s sizes 7-14 and women’s sizes 5.5-10 (including half sizes)
- Height: 5 in. (Mountain Light), 4.5 in. (Jag)
- Weight: 62 oz. (Mountain Light), 34 oz. (Jag)
- Waterproof: Yes (GORE-TEX liner and DannerDry)
- Outsole: Vibram 148 Kletterlift Megagrip
- Insulation: Noninsulated (both)
Danner and Oregon State Parks Collaboration
Danner is also selling apparel designed by Portland-based art studios OMFGCO and Jolby. “These head-to-toe looks [were] inspired by the diverse habitats of Oregon,” said Danner. And $5 will be donated to the Oregon State Parks Explorer Series for apparel items sold.
The Danner x Oregon State Parks Centennial Collection includes:
- OPRD 100th Hoodie ($50)
- Unisex sizing (XS-2XL), women’s sizing (XS-2XL)
- OPRD 100th Sweatpants ($50)
- Unisex sizing (S-2XL), women’s sizing (XS-L)
- OPRD 100th Long Sleeve Shirt ($36)
- Unisex sizing (S-2XL)
- OPRD 100th Short Sleeve Shirt ($28)
- Unisex sizing (S-2XL)
- OPRD 100th Bucket Hat ($30)
- Unisex sizing (O/S)
- OPRD 100th Glow-in-the-Dark Nalgene ($28)
Check out Danner’s website to view the entire collection.