The fan vote is open for Moosejaw’s second-annual Outdoor Accelerator, a competition aimed at boosting startup companies and increasing diversity and representation within the industry.
After sifting through scores of applicants vying to be the next big outdoor startup, judges for the second-annual Outdoor Industry Accelerator have whittled down the entries and announced the 10 finalists.
And that means the next step is up to you.
In a new step for the Accelerator competition this year, voting now goes to the public. From now through Feb. 26, 2021, Moosejaw is asking outdoor enthusiasts to weigh in and select up to four of the finalist companies they believe “will make the biggest splash in the outdoor industry.”
“We’ve been overwhelmed by the volume and quality of applicants to the Accelerator,” Moosejaw CEO Eoin Comerford said. “We’re very excited to bring our finalists to consumers, and ultimately help our winners bring innovation and inclusivity to the outdoor recreation industry.”
After fan voting, judges will announce the four winning startups. Those companies will receive an 8-week intensive mentoring program at Western Colorado University’s ICELab, a feature story on GearJunkie, a product launch on Moosejaw, and more.
Check out the 10 finalists below, then head over to the Accelerator page and cast your vote!
Outdoor Industry Accelerator Finalists
Per this year’s focus, judges searched for brands that helped amplify underrepresented groups within the outdoor industry. As such, the four winners will earn a membership with Camber Outdoors, one of the industry’s leading nonprofit initiatives to improve diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI).
Plus, by making it to the final round of fan voting, all 10 companies below received free member tools and resources from Camber Outdoors.
2021 Outdoor Industry Accelerator Finalists
- Campfire Ranch: Full-service campgrounds with concierge, rentals, and more
- Inclusive Outdoors Project: Affinity-based outdoor experiences for underrepresented groups
- Kulie Bike Bags: Quality, thoughtfully designed, and value-driven bicycle bags
- PACT Outdoors: Innovative bathroom kits for your outdoor adventures
- Pathloom: All-in-one solution for outdoor discovery and trip planning
- SheFly Apparel: Pants for when women have to “go” outdoors
- Skillzboard: Portable solution for practicing rope systems and anchor techniques
- Spruce: Beautifully designed dog gear focused on innovative features
- TripOutside: Online marketplace connecting outdoor enthusiasts and outfitters
- Uncii Racks: Innovative racks to transport gear efficiently and economically
Public voting starts today and runs through Feb. 26, so vote now for up to four of your favorite finalist brands. And keep an eye out — GearJunkie will announce the winners after voting closes and the votes have been tabulated.
To learn more about Moosejaw and ICELab’s Outdoor Industry Accelerator competition, check out our coverage here.