Upside-down toilet seats. Terror concerns. Unfinished hotel rooms… All the predictions, conspiracies, and silliness was finally shoved in the back seat and the athletes took the helm of the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
Did you see Hannah Kearney on Moguls? That woman rips!
“It didn’t feel like the Olympics until I was standing at the top watching Eliza at the gate and I took a second and looked at our Olympic bibs. Then it hit me that we’re here,” she said.
Then it hit me that we’re here.
With the first competition yesterday and the opening ceremonies today, the focus has shifted from the bidding and bureaucracy to the athletes. We hope it stays there.
We’ve been watching the gear and athletes of the Games for the last few weeks in our Olympic Channel and will continue to hunt for stories about the athletes and their equipment as the Olympics roll through February 23rd.
Check out our posts for insight on the equipment, uniforms, and the athletes. We’ve included a quick link to our past articles below.
Let the Games begin! —Sean McCoy
- U.S. Freeskiing Olympic Uniform Unveiling (made by The North Face)
- Light-Hearted Lindsey Vonn Interview at Afton Alps
- First Look: Olympic Uniforms From Under Armour (U.S. And Canadian Teams)
- This Guy Can Land A Triple Cork And He’s Olympic-Bound
- Ice Climbing Comes To The Olympics
- Meteorite Shards Embedded In Gold Medals At Sochi 2014 Olympic Games
- This Olympic Ticket Will Cost You $1,234
- Patchwork Quilt, American Flag Inspiration For U.S. Snowboarding Team Uniforms
- 8th Grader Qualifies For Sochi Winter Games. Too Young To Compete
- Plagued By Injury, Lindsey Vonn Cancels Plan To Race In Olympics
- U.S., Russian, Canadian Ski Team Uniforms Manufactured By Columbia Sportswear Unveiled
- Corrupt Officials, Failed Elections…India’s Flag Will Not Fly At Olympics
- Never-Before-Seen Zipper Created For Olympic Outerwear
- Top Secret Olympic Speedskating Uniform Photos Revealed
- Beauty To Big Air… The Eclectic Instagram Of An Olympic Skier
- Inside Look: Ice Climbing On World Stage
- Sochi Olympics ‘Official Car’ Is Volkswagen (Fleet Includes At Least One Monster Truck)
- This Olympic Skier’s Weight Room Workout Made Our Jaws Drop
- Top U.S. Snowboarder Shaun White Pulls Out Of Sochi Olympic Event