Our second part of the “Best In Show” awards highlights a mini ice axe, a ski helmet, and a camera sensor that can track your moves, among other to-be-released products. (See part I of our “Best In Show” here.)
The products here, most available in mid/late 2014, represent the best new gear as seen at the Outdoor Retailer trade show in Utah last week.
Congrats to all the winners! This gear is some of the most innovative outdoors equipment designed for this year. —Stephen Regenold
- Robotic Cameraman (AIMe Device)
- Sports Motion Tracker (Xensr+)
- Mini Mountain Axe (Pocket Spike from Ortovox)
- Extra-Light Hard Hat (K2 Route Helmet)
- Salomon Mountain Runner Jacket (S-Lab Hybrid)
- Solar Meter (Practical Meter)
- Nau ‘Performance Dress’
—Editors and reporters Stephen Regenold, Sean McCoy, Jason Magness, Chelsey Magness, Sam Salwei, Yoon Kim, Patrick Murphy, and Amy Oberbroeckling contributed to this report.