Yamaha’s high-spec upgrade to the landmark Tenere 700 (T7) adventure motorcycle promises greater range and off-road durability plus improved off-road handling.
This week, Yamaha announced the World Raid, the latest addition to its hella rugged T7 bike family. At a glance, the rally-inspired bike looks like an adventure rider’s pipedream, but the company swears it’s the real thing.
Here’s what we know.
Tenere 7 World Raid Adventure Motorcycle
Perhaps the most impressive improvement to Yamaha’s adventure motorcycle is its range. The World Raid rendition has dual side-mounted fuel tanks that sit low and up front.
The tanks have 6.1 gallons of fuel capacity, and the fuel pump sits lower than in the standard 4.2-gallon version. This combination remarkably keeps the World Raid bike’s center of gravity almost the same as the standard T7. This additional fuel capacity bumps the bike’s range up to a remarkable 310 miles.
Then there’s the suspension — a critical feature set for any motorcycle, especially one that ventures on dirt. The 2022 World Raid T7 comes with higher ground clearance, increased travel, and damping optimized for aggressive off-tarmac riding. New spring rates and a new rear linkage add to the off-road prowess, as do the Ohlins steering damper and Pirelli Scorpion tires.
Enhancements to the new Tenere 7 model include rugged fairings with built-in crash protection, three-mode ABS, better wind mitigation for highway riding, a stouter skid plate, larger footpegs, and a flatter seat to make it easier to shift weight forward.
Tech features like the 5-inch color TFT display, Bluetooth connectivity, and MyRide app synchronicity round out just some of the bike’s highlights.
T7 World Raid Options, Pricing
Yamaha offers the World Raid T7 model in two trims: Icon Blue or Midnight Black. Pricing starts at $14,000 MSRP, and the brand slates delivery to the U.S. and Europe for May 2022.
Scroll down for the full list of specs and learn more over at YamahaMotorsports.com.
Tenere 7 World Raid Specs
- 6.1-gallon-capacity dual side-mounted fuel tank
- Flat rally-inspired two-piece seat
- 5” color TFT display with mobile notification connectivity
- USB type A
- 3-mode switchable ABS
- High-specification 43mm KYB front forks, 9.1″ travel
- Ohlins adjustable steering damper
- Aluminum piggyback rear shock, 8.7″ wheel travel
- High windscreen, easy-to-remove side deflectors and LED flashers
- Fully new cockpit area and new front cowling
- Larger footpegs with easy-to-remove rubber inserts
- 3-piece aluminum engine guard
- New aluminum die-cast engine support
- New radiator grille
- Quad-LED headlights, LED taillight
- Position adjustable (5mm) front mudguard
- 282mm dual wave front discs, Brembo calipers, ABS
- 245mm rear wave disc, Brembo caliper, ABS
- High-tensile steel tubular backbone/double cradle frame
- Gravity cast aluminum swingarm
- 36-spoke lightweight aluminum wheels
- Tapered aluminum handlebars
- Pirelli Scorpion Rally tires, 90/90-21 front, 150/70-18 rear
- High-torque EU5 CP2 engine
- Air cleaner box with forward-facing intake duct