At $1,299, the Canyon ‘Grand Canyon’ bike has been a staple for riders across Europe. And now, we Americans can get in on the action too.
While not a new model, the Grand Canyon 7 is new to lots of us. Specifically, U.S. customers. The Grand Canyon “reliably delivers performance with a friendly price,” said Canyon. “It serves as a great entry into mountain biking, racing, and all-out adventuring.” So it’s no wonder this model has been the bestselling model in Europe for a whole year running.
Maybe even better, this bike channels the sweet spot between high quality, versatile performance, and an accessible price.
The Grand Canyon 7 Bike Specs
- Frame sizes: XS-M (women’s), XS-XL (unisex)
- Women’s model: women’s-specific frame geometry, modified cockpit, women’s saddle
- Frame material: aluminum
- Wheels: 27-inch on XS-S frames, 29-inch on M-XL
- Tires: Schwalbe Rapid Rob or Schwalbe Tough Tom
- Drivetrain: 1×12 SRAM SX Eagle wide-range drivetrain
- Fork: RockShox Judy Silver fork
- Brakes: Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
- Iridium stem and handlebar
- 120 mm of travel
- dropper seat post
- three color options
- Price: from $1,299
Some models are available to purchase starting today, with more frame sizes available on July 26. That’s right, this bike is actually available. The now-in-stock Grand Canyon stands out against the backdrop of the great bike shortage of 2020.