Airstream motor coaches get a little more rugged with the introduction of the Interstate 24X.
Want to take an Airstream down the path a (little) less traveled? The Interstate 24X might be for you.
Introduced today, the Interstate 24X adds a 4WD option to the brand’s Class B motorhome lineup. It has all-terrain tires and wheels, an advanced power system, and a 24-foot floor plan optimized for storage, hauling gear, and bringing along extra people.
So, you’ll be forgiven if you’re doing a double-take and thinking, isn’t that a Winnebago Revel? No, this model is definitely an Airstream. And if you’re still doubting, note that it builds on the 24-foot platform Sprinter, making it nearly 5 feet longer than its 4×4 Winnebago rival.
Along with Airstream’s stellar reputation, the Interstate 24X carries a hefty $213,850 price tag. So, what do you get for your quarter-million? Read on.
Airstream Interstate 24X Release
We haven’t had the chance to test the Interstate 24X yet, but we have spent some time in Airstream trailers. And our impression of them has been generally quite good.
We learned everything about this one from a press release today, so let’s dive into the details.
Airstream aims squarely at the outdoor recreation market with the Interstate 24X. It designed this model for the “consumer desire for off-grid-capable motorhomes with the ability to bring along adventure gear (like bikes, kayaks, snowboards, and more).” Built on the same Mercedes-Benz chassis as its motorized Airstream cousins, the Interstate 24X hits the road in 2021.
The rear sleeping/living/storage area is a versatile, convertible space that seats up to six passengers. Rearrange the red-stitched, Simtex Marine-Grade Carbon Gray cushions and convert it into the largest sleeping area in any Class B motorhome. Or set it up as a large bed, a twin, or split the setup between a smaller, width-wise bed and additional living space.
Interstate 24X: Storage and Organization
The Interstate 24X comes ready to help you tote, store, and access everything you need for your next excursion. Adaptable to your needs, the Aluminum Aircraft L-Track Storage System on the walls, ceiling, and floor allow you to hang, secure, tie down, and cinch your gear.
Above the aisle, overhead storage compartments on either side allow access to your necessities, while additional storage compartments beneath the rear bench give you more options for stowing supplies.
The modular table system offers four mounts positioned throughout the interior: two in the back for use with the bench seats (or the bed), one in the front where it becomes a desk for the captain’s chairs, or outside the entry door where it becomes a work-from-anywhere standing desk (or outdoor food-prep station).
It has an onboard wet bath. Inside, you’ll find USB charging ports and customizable lighting, and connectivity prewired at the factory. It tows up to 5,000 pounds.
“Your RV is a tool for adventure, and in designing this van we knew we had to stay true to that simple idea,” said Airstream president & CEO Bob Wheeler. “Our design and engineering teams were able to create something that went beyond our expectations — a functional, gorgeous touring coach that is going to get you right up to the edge of your adventure.”
With a 4×4 drivetrain and six all-terrain tires, the Interstate 24X is the brand’s most capable touring coach. A durable protective coating covers the coach’s front and rear bumpers, as well as the sides and wheels. Light your way with a 42-inch LED light bar and accent lighting all around.
The Interstate 24X model includes an extensive list of features as standard equipment, such as:
- Advanced Power System includes two 100Ah Deep Cycle Lithium Battle Born Batteries (LiFePO4), 30 AMP energy management system, a 2,000W power inverter, 300 W of flexible, custom, military-grade solar panels for the house batteries, an additional 100W solar panel for the chassis battery, and solar controller
- A 4×4 drivetrain, air ride, and six LT215/85R16 all-terrain tires
- Front off-road 42” LED light bar, camp side pod LED lights x2, rear pod LED lights x2
- Durable protective body coating
- Highly efficient Hydronic Timberline furnace and hot water system
- Modular table system with four mounts throughout the floor plan for flexibility
- Resonado speaker system with Bluetooth-enabled house radio
- Quiet series 13,500 BTU air conditioner
- Cummins Onan 2.5KW generator with remote and automatic generator start
- Prewired for Airstream Connected and includes a 5G-ready cellular antenna
- Solid surface kitchen countertop with a deep sink and cover, two-burner cooktop, and 0.7 cu. ft. microwave
- Tank capacities: 23 gal. (fresh), 24 gal. (gray), 11 gal. (black)
For more information about the Interstate 24X Touring Coach, or Airstream and its full product lineup, please visit www.airstream.com.