The Moosejaw Outdoor Accelerator program targets startups with a product or service that ‘addresses a compelling need in the outdoor industry.’
Four Accelerator finalists, including at least two with founders from historically underrepresented groups, will gain access to strategic mentorships, legal advice, and potential investors.
Eligible companies fall within the pre-seed or early-seed development phase but should have a well-developed business plan and well-defined product (or service). This set of criteria is designed to encourage fresh faces into the industry and, ideally, bring something new to the table.
Applications closed on Feb. 3, and the Accelerator panel announced 10 finalists on Feb. 25. Now it turns the decision-making to you, the public.
The time to vote is now — virtual polls close on the 2022 Outdoor Accelerator election on March 14. Check out the list of finalists below, then learn more about each up-and-coming brand and vote here.
2022 Outdoor Accelerator Finalists
- Alluvia Packraft: Lightweight, packable, inflatable boats from casual paddlers to active rest days
- Lume Six: Performance sports bras with increased support, pressure-point reduction, and comfort-focused features
- MODL Outdoors: Water’s first multitool — a modular water bottle with soft silicone sides and a bevy of attachments that morph it into whatever you can dream up
- Wave Tools Therapy: Athletic recovery and injury-prevention tools, including the myofascial-release Wave Tool
- Mudroom Backpacks: Backpacks for outdoorsy people with laptops — they isolate shoes and gnarred-out clothes from laptops
- No Limbits: Adaptive clothing for amputees, wheelchair users, and folks with sensory processing disorders
- Nutshell Coolers: Sustainable, adventure-durable coconut husk coolers
- Oso Adventure Meals: Nutrition-oriented meals for backpackers and people on the move
- Outdoor Element: Patented firestarting and camp kitchen gear
- Pastimes: Diversity- and inclusion-focused social platform that connects people through outdoor recreation
View this post on Instagram
Started at the Bottom, Now …
The four startups with the most votes will take the cake. In this case, the cake is a ticket to the 2022 Moosejaw Outdoor Accelerator, an 8-week program that provides access to investors, CEOs in the outdoor segment, investment mentoring, and legal advisement.
Winners of the 2021 Outdoor Accelerator included SheFly Apparel, PACT Outdoors, Pathloom, and Spruce dog gear.
Check back soon — GearJunkie will announce this year’s winners once the results are in and confirmed.