Three new Garmin Tread off-road navigators just debuted at the 2022 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Off-road navigation and communication have never been easier, but power and features come at a price.
On Tuesday, Garmin unveiled the Tread Overland, XL Overland, and SxS devices. The new Tread GPS devices showcase Garmin’s sharpest, hardest-wearing technology to date and reportedly deliver off-grid capabilities that could raise the bar on recreational navigation technology.
Garmin Tread Overland & Side-by-Side Systems
Garmin packs all three of its latest Tread devices with a massive suite of navigational and communication features.
- Touchscreen interface with glove-compatible sensors
- Large displays (8″ – Overland, SxS; 10″ – XL Overland)
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof
- Exhaustive turn-by-turn trail navigation technology that pulls from OpenStreetMap and the U.S. Forest Service’s motor vehicle maps
- Onboard inReach technology with global satellite communication, two-way texting, location sharing, and interactive SOS
- Friend-tracking and group-ride options through Tread devices and the Tread mobile app
- Campground location services through 3D maps, iOverlander, and Ultimate Public Campgrounds
- U.S. public and private landowner intel
- Birdseye Satellite Imagery (subscription required)
- Custom street routing that accounts for the vehicle’s physical dimensions
- Offers compatibility and syncing with some Garmin devices, including Garmin’s Group Ride Radio, PowerSwitch digital switch box, and specific GPS dog trackers
The Tread SxS Edition will come with a two-way radio system and Garmin’s most robust military-grade construction, which the company guarantees can hold up to the roughest expeditions.
Pricing for the new units starts at $1,300 MSRP, exclusive of optional subscription and installation services.
The Overland, Overland XL, and SxS GPS systems are officially on the market and just debuted at the 2022 Consumer Electronics Show this week. See the complete Garmin Tread series and learn more on the brand’s website.